Year of the Holy Spirit 2014
1. Pray expectantly to the Holy Spirit every day (see column on left).
2. Read this article by Fr Chris Thomas about finding new life in the Holy Spirit.
2. Read more about the Holy Spirit (see top right of the page).
4. Please also consider coming to the weekly "Life in the Spirit" prayer group. More details....
5. Or come to an evening of Renewal service at St Joan's Church 8.00pm on the first Thursday of each month. Format varies but usually includes Praise, Adoration, and Prayer for healing.
Suggested further reading
A prayer journal for Baptism in the Holy Spirit – Therese Boucher
Towards a fuller life in the Holy Spirit – Charles Whitehead
Shall I renew my Baptismal promises? - Ambrose Walsh
Walking in the Spirit (various)
Pentecost is always for living - Charles Whitehead
Baptism in the Holy Spirit - ICCRS Doctrinal Commission
(Available from Good News Books www.goodnewsbooks.net)
2014 was the Year
of the Holy Spirit at St.
Catch up here with all that happened
Finding New Life in the Spirit
Between April and June we held a series of 7 Seminars designed as an introduction to a life lived in the
power of the Holy Spirit. They provided a life-changing opportunity for people
to find out more about the Holy Spirit, and to be helped in taking the first
steps of a new relationship with Jesus.
If you would to know more about this, we
recommend that you download and follow the leaflet “Prayer for new life in the Holy Spirit” and if possible also read the first two books listed in the right hand column.
We also recommend that you attend the "Life in the Spirit" prayer group if possible. You can join others who are learning how to grow in the new life of the Holy Spirit.
Download article about the Year of the Holy Spirit
how to grow in the spirit