1. Pray expectantly to the Holy Spirit every day (see column on left).
2. Read this article by a priest about new life in the Holy Spirit.
2. Read more about the Holy Spirit (see suggested reading panel, right).
4. Consider coming to the weekly "Life in the Spirit" prayer group.
5. Follow "Alive in the Spirit" or "the GIFT" course (see above)
6. Come to Alton Day of Renewal (see below)
ALTON DAY OF RENEWAL
Endorsed by Pope Francis
The teachings are relaxed, personal and informative, rooted in the Bible, the Catechism, and reflections on the Holy Spirit from Pope Francis. There are also testimonies from laity and clergy.
The six sessions cover:
# The Father’s Loving Plan # The Joy of the Gospel
# The Gift of the Spirit # Unwrapping God’s Gift
# Encountering God’s Spirit # Living in the Spirit
"The GIFT" is a 6-week course which helps us rediscover the joy of our Catholic faith, the love of God, the power of Jesus and the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit.
We ran this course as a group in 2020 but you can follow it on your own by downloading the videos for only £20.00 and using other online resources.
A prayer journal for Baptism in the Holy Spirit – Therese Boucher
Towards a fuller life in the Holy Spirit – Charles Whitehead
Shall I renew my Baptismal promises? - Ambrose Walsh
Walking in the Spirit (various)
Pentecost is always for living - Charles Whitehead
Baptism in the Holy Spirit - ICCRS Doctrinal Commission
(Available from Good News Books www.goodnewsbooks.net)
The programme notes for the seminars can be downloaded absolutely free HERE. The notes contain links to the video of each talk.
In 2021 ADoRE (Alton Day of Renewal) has been running a monthly Life in the Spirit seminar series, with talks given by leading Catholic speakers.