New Life in the Holy Spirit
1. Pray expectantly to the Holy Spirit every day (see column on left).
2. Read this article by a priest about new life in the Holy Spirit.
2. Read more about the Holy Spirit (see top right of the page).
4. Consider coming to the weekly "Life in the Spirit" prayer group.
5. Or come to an evening of Renewal service at St Joan's Church 8.00pm on the first Wednesday of most months. Format varies but usually includes Praise, Adoration, and Prayer for healing.
6. Come to Alton Day of Renewal (see below)
Suggested further reading
A prayer journal for Baptism in the Holy Spirit – Therese Boucher
Towards a fuller life in the Holy Spirit – Charles Whitehead
Shall I renew my Baptismal promises? - Ambrose Walsh
Walking in the Spirit (various)
Pentecost is always for living - Charles Whitehead
Baptism in the Holy Spirit - ICCRS Doctrinal Commission
(Available from Good News Books www.goodnewsbooks.net)
How can you help make life at St.
Joan's even more dynamic?
We are a vibrant Parish, but what else could we be doing to bring God's love to all?
THE ALPHA COURSE AT ST JOANS
Would you like to help at the next Alpha Course? We will need Hosts to lead discussion in small groups; helpers to set up the room, welcome guests and make them feel at home; catering helpers to assist with preparing and serving the meal; people to pray for the success of the course.
And above all, would you be willing to participate and bring someone with you who is searching for faith or a deeper relatiopnship with God?
We are currently praying about the next Alpha course and planning when to run it. Meanwhile, please pray about how you would like to help
Please contact: email@example.com
how to grow in the spirit
ALTON DAY OF RENEWAL
Come and be inspired at a day (or half-day) mini-retreat. Including Mass, Adoration, Reflection, Rosary, Reconciliation, Praise and Worship, Inspirational speakers and Healing prayer ministry.
Every month (except December) at Alton School, Anstey Lane, Alton. 11.00-4.00
No charge (collection taken). No need to book. Plenty of free parking space. Full details HERE